Brothers of the Code
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a new Jedi legacy...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Purpose JKA Server

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zathu Koon
New Face
New Face
Zathu Koon

Male Number of posts : 4
Planet of Origin : Dorin
Registration date : 2008-09-05

General Purpose JKA Server Empty
PostSubject: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:45 am

I've repurposed one of my machines as a Debian-based home server for odds and ends including Samba, CUPS, and JKA out of curiosity. I'm wondering how well it would hold with non-local traffic, so I'm inviting anyone to go wild and we'll see what happens. It's running JKA with JAPlus currently, with default maps, JKA bonus FFA maps, JK2 FFA pack, JediCouncilGCX, DSA, and Forest Sanctuary.

98.233.155.220:29070
Hosted /base for PK3 downloads: http://rav.zkstorage.com/jka/base/
(JAPlus will also auto redirect JKA to the above directory for quick missing PK3 downloads)
Back to top Go down
Bara Tzu
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Bara Tzu

Male Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Statistical Data
Race: Human
Class: Jedi

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Would be great if I could test it. I've been sitting here after clicking "ready" to move to the next map for the last 15 minutes. lol And now it appears to have crashed. :-(
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsDDr0n9AE
Zathu Koon
New Face
New Face
Zathu Koon

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 pm

Interesting, there's an autorestart script in place so it should come back up after 10 seconds of any crash. I actually wasn't able to find your connection in the server log, though.. Should be good for another shot now.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Initiate
Initiate

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Statistical Data
Race: Kel Dor

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:31 pm

I was just able to get on. Downloaded the files through the game so that was nice. But I did notice the pings are a bit inconsistent. I was as low as 70 one instance, then in the 90's and then at times I got a brief connection interrupted message. Other than that it seems to be working fine.
Back to top Go down
Zathu Koon
New Face
New Face
Zathu Koon

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:05 pm

There have been some changes to the server to make it more accessible to people. I've set up QoS on my bandwidth so latency should be better and more consistent. A default map cycle was also enabled so that I might get some random player traffic. Basically anyone can connect to the server straight out of a JKA install, the JAPlus clientside add-on is recommended but not required for gameplay.

Some bots were also added for downtime.
Back to top Go down
Zathu Koon
New Face
New Face
Zathu Koon

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:31 am

The server is now available on an on-demand basis to conserve bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
Bara Tzu
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Bara Tzu

Male Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Statistical Data
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Thanks, Z. I'm sorry to say I've been quite busy with a lot of other stuff lately. I wish you'd hop on XFire sometime, since I can rarely seem to find you on AIM. Lots of things I'd like to discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsDDr0n9AE
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Purpose JKA Server   General Purpose JKA Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Purpose JKA Server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of the Code :: The Jedi Temple - Visitor Center - Access Level 1 :: Visitor Cafe-
Jump to: