Brothers of the Code
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a new Jedi legacy...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kana Seiko Haruki

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kana Seiko Haruki
New Face
New Face
Kana Seiko Haruki

Male Number of posts : 9
Planet of Origin : England
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Well... what can I say?

First up, I am not a role player, I do enjoy the StarWars films and have all the PC versions of the games but as for role playing , well, although i tried it many moons ago when I also played warhammer 40,000, i just couldnt get my head around RPG stuff.

I am however a true Jedi, actual legally recognised as such, I dont wear the robes etc... i look and behave like an ordinary person, well, maybe i behave a little better. Jediism is not really a religion as such, more a code of conduct and a way of life. As you can see from my signature (no this isnt an advertising campaign) I am active on other jediism sites, one or two of you may have recognised my name from elsewhere.

Anyway, i dropped by to say hello and see what you folks get upto... I have noticed you are quite a small community here and not too active compared to some, but im sure you'll spread your wings a little more given time. So for now Brothers & Sisters of The Force I will leave it at that, oh and...

MTFBWY - A / MTFSYW / MYGGWY
Back to top Go down
http://templeofthejediorder.org
Xaelus Seran
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Xaelus Seran

Male Number of posts : 79
Planet of Origin : Tatooine
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Statistical Data
Race: Human
Class: Jedi

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Yeah we are a small community for now but it has its advantages =)

While some scoff at the concept of a Jedi religion or anything like that, what people fail to realize is that the concepts present at the heart of a Jedi, are easily applicable to everyday situations.

Anywho, welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Bara Tzu
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Bara Tzu

Male Number of posts : 123
Planet of Origin : Dorin
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 am

Indeed! Welcome brother. I was wondering how long it would take for some Jediists to find our little community...apparently not very long! lol We have only been around for about a month, so yes, I feel in time we will be growing and blossoming forward. We are primarily a community for the Jedi Knight series games, however it isn't a requirement. Consider yourself welcome to hang out on the boards anytime, as we are not entirely a RP community either. :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsDDr0n9AE
Bunny
New Face
New Face
Bunny

Female Number of posts : 23
Planet of Origin : Nippon
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Statistical Data
Class: Scout

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:11 am

Hello Sir Kana! My name is Bunny albino , nice to meet you!!! I've heard of people having their religion recognized as Jedi in England before. Is that where you are from? How did you go about having it legally changed? Either way I think that's REALLY cool. I wish I could be a Jedi, too. I totally know what you mean about roleplaying, it's just so hard to act like another person. Anyway, hope to see you around!
Back to top Go down
http://ordergaming.org/
Kana Seiko Haruki
New Face
New Face
Kana Seiko Haruki

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:31 am

In response to 'how do i become a Jedi' thats easy... just decide thats the life you want to lead and do it.

If you want more formal 'training' there are a number of Jediist Websites, just do a google of terms like Jediist, Jediism, Become a real Jedi etc I have intentionally not put specific links, I can supply those of asked too via pm/email etc (or use the www in my profile) as that is bad manners.

I do live in England, and Jediism as religion is not 100% recognised as a religion as far as I am aware, but it is is in America, certainly by the state of texas.

At the end of the day, you are a Jedi(ist) by your actions not your title/rank or words.

If you are sincere about this, I do suggest using the www under my profile TODAY as a training course for recruits is about to start. Please dont get me wrong, i am not here on some sort of recruitment drive, i actually stumbled across this site via the forumotions index. I too have set up a site here on forumotions (actually one of many ive created for various organisations, I am a web,anster on dozens of sites) the one i created most recently is really just an emergency site for our various sister sites to use if and when the servers go down, kinda an emergency contact point, so its a bare basic forum with a chat box.

As I said, i used to play games online... not done so for a long time... I never really got into the JK online as there were too many cheats etc and I dont see the point in playing games if the others are cheating. I guess I could reinstall the game... whats the server you all hang out on?

PS im sure someone will ask so i'll say it here n now... yes I do have a sabre (actually many of them) no they dont cut, they are replicas but strong enough for kendo and the like (none of your Force FX stuff).

So sabres are 'used' by some jediist (not all) and those that do 'use' them tend to do so for ceremonial purposes and its mainly the hilt not the blade, its more symbolic that anything else, like a crucifix is to a Christian, but the hilt to a jediist has similar meaning as say a katana did/does to a Samurai. Anyway, a couple of pics (I made three of these myself, the others were custom built for me and im working on athers as well)

Let me know the server(s) ypu hang out on and maybe you lot can teach me the game online, do you team speak or anything like that? Im aware you use xfire (I have it somewhere)

Kana Seiko Haruki Sabres2
Kana Seiko Haruki Double

Take Care, MTFBWY - A / MTFSYW / MYGGWY
(May The Force be With You - Always / May The Force Serve You Well / May Your God(s) Go With You)
Back to top Go down
Eris
Initiate
Initiate

Male Number of posts : 25

Statistical Data
Race: Kel Dor

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:16 pm

Those sabers are awesome. May I ask where I would find a guide on how to make one?
Back to top Go down
Bara Tzu
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Bara Tzu

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Nice sabers. The saber staff that splits into the 2 sabers is neat as well. Creative use of drawer handles. I used a decorative one of those to cap my monk staff for medieval reinactment. I'm in an oriental/samurai unit, so I totally understand how you mean about it being like the Samurai's daisho (particularly the katana).

I think I like the purple one the best. :-)
Back to top Go down
Kana Seiko Haruki
New Face
New Face
Kana Seiko Haruki

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:08 pm

plenty of guides around the net... big yellow box is best

as for purple, well, thats one of 24 colours i can choose from Very Happy

im upgrading the LED on that one soon, will be much brighter

Back to top Go down
Bara Tzu
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Bara Tzu

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:51 am

Well, I was more referring to the hilt on it that I liked. My personal color is turquoise. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Eris
Initiate
Initiate

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 am

I looked at big yellow box and it seems like a site on how to make specific models the guy has already made. Though I dunno if they can be mixed and matched. I'll take a look around more when I get a chance.

Edit: I haven't found any tutorials on how to put together the electronics to make it light up. Where'd you find that?
Back to top Go down
Bunny
New Face
New Face
Bunny

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 pm

I doubt the lighting is more than an inverter, some LEDs, a battery pack, and a switch.
Back to top Go down
Kana Seiko Haruki
New Face
New Face
Kana Seiko Haruki

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:07 pm

OK... the power source is batteries...in mine, 4x AA in a battery pack (you can use rechargable ones and install a socket so you can use a trickle chatger as used on radio controlled cars etc)

The light source is usually a high power LED but you must use a limiting resistor to prevent the LED using all the current and burning itself out, a 2.2ohm 5W resistor is fine.

The LED i prefer is Luxeon 3w (various models etc available) but these get very hot and need a heatsink on the back, this is incorporated into the blade mount on my sabres and the final thing is a switch of somekind

you can buy diy kits on the net that have all the parts you need to build a sabre

America has best choice of site, UK is a bit limited for choice but do a google for JQ lightsabres and you ought to find the site.

It isnt as difficult as it seems, and in my opinion, the more simple the design, the better it looks

The electronics is a simple light with switch circuit, the resistor is in series with the LED

Back to top Go down
Eris
Initiate
Initiate

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 pm

I wonder how one would go about putting in a speaker and having it detect motion. I'm thinking that has to deal with wiring in an accelerometer.
Back to top Go down
Bunny
New Face
New Face
Bunny

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:09 am

Theres plenty of ways to fake something like that on the cheap. it wouldnt be hard to create a circuit from a separate tube on the inside of the hilt along with a spring that would complete the circuit when enough force was exerted on the spring to touch the lining tube. That would be your simplest method, although the spring might need to be replaced periodically due to increased/decreased stiffness over time.

You're starting to get awfully complicated for a project you havnt even begun to invest any time or effort in though.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Initiate
Initiate

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:40 am

I like to know the ins and outs before I do something. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Kana Seiko Haruki
New Face
New Face
Kana Seiko Haruki

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:01 am

Goto plectorlabs for one solution or buy a master replicas or force FX sabre for other options

One of my sabres (the longer single blue bladed one, silver black grips) has the full sound fx boards etc too along with batter power monitor LED bar graph, but it wasnt cheap to have this built

anything is possible... just how bad do you wan it Wink
Back to top Go down
Kana Seiko Haruki
New Face
New Face
Kana Seiko Haruki

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:19 pm

quick update on my profile, re-awakened my xfire account

username is tnuol

so if you want to talk, just grab me there

Back to top Go down
Bara Tzu
Jedi Master Councilor
Jedi Master Councilor
Bara Tzu

Statistical Data

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Good deal. We'll drag you into JKA yet. ;-) lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kana Seiko Haruki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kana Seiko Haruki   Kana Seiko Haruki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kana Seiko Haruki
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of the Code :: The Jedi Temple - Visitor Center - Access Level 1 :: Meet and Greet-
Jump to: